Careers/Advertising Engineer (San Francisco)
All positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
To see job openings in Poznan Office visit our career page: http://kariera.wikia.com/
Like our wikis and communities, Wikia is passionate, high-energy and collaborative. You’ll have the opportunity to shape company, technology and product directions.
We offer the opportunity to have an impact on an exciting product used by tens of millions of people while working with a fun, multicultural team.
You will be responsible for all of Wikia’s advertising and revenue technology. Wikia has built innovative technologies to maximize our ad revenue and minimize end-user impact. You’ll lead the work on the next generation of these technologies.
The most important requirement is a passion for great engineering in service of Wikia’s users and business. The role requires the ability to work and problem-solve with a wide set of stakeholders – Product, Support, Sales and Engineering.
Your ability and passion will have a lot to do with shaping the position.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-10 years of web-based software engineering, preferably in PHP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Some of your stakeholders will be non-technical and some are not native English speakers.
- Some understanding of and experience with metrics and analytics.
- Excellent technical trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment – we are a startup!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
We don’t expect you to have all of the following, but the more the better:
- Experience implementing ad delivery systems
- Experience integrating ads and other revenue features into web sites
- Experience with high-traffic sites – tens of millions of pages a day. Extensive use of caching (e.g. Varnish or Squid), memcache, slave DBs to spread read load, etc.
- Experience with video
- Experience with user-generated content sites (blogs, forums, email, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary package including stock options, health benefits (medical and dental), PTO, and a 401K. Our San Francisco office is located within walking distance to South Park, AT&T Stadium, and the CalTrain station, and is only blocks away from Market Street and BART. Our dog-friendly digs also come with a stocked pantry and gaming room, where some employees practice yoga at lunch.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Advertising Engineer" in the subject line.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With over 400,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 145 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 25 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.