Careers/Application Engineer (Poznan)
All positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- PHP Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Software Engineer in Test
- Engineering Manager - Platform
- Japanese Community Manager (located in Tokyo)
- Community Development Associate, Japanese (located in San Francisco)
To see job openings in Poznan Office visit our career page: http://kariera.wikia.com/
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. With over 300,000 passionate communities attracting more than 60 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and one of the Top 50 websites, according to Quantcast.
For our office in Poznań we are looking to fill the position:
Ideal candidates should have extensive PHP/MySQL development experience and a knack for technology, and should be able to work in an passionate programming environment, use source control tools effectively, co-operate with quality assurance, product management and project management departments. Skills and experience are equally important as a personality fit. Your in-depth knowledge of enterprise level PHP will be instrumental in the company's overall growth.
- Develop, scale, test, and improve our software that based on the MediaWiki platform
- Propose software design solutions
- Implement improvements to PHP framework to make it more robust and maintainable
- Collaborate in creating and implementing QA processes
- Hack like crazy! Or, um... "Create implementation prototypes"
- AJAX, HTML, CSS
- Object-oriented PHP wizardry
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- English (if you can understand this job ad, you're probably good)
You get bonus points if you:
- Have experience with the MediaWiki engine
- Used Skype and/or FogBugz before
- Are a user (of Wikia, Wikipedia or any other wiki)
- Play fussball (aka table football; yes, seriously)
- Open & friendly
- Well organized and disciplined
- Able to balance technical solutions with time, cost and human factors
- Punctual, reliable and able/willing to work a flexible schedule
- Willing to visit our San Francisco office in Silicon Valley twice a year
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary of 7000-12000 PLN per month (gross), plus stock options, MuliSport+ Card and Extra Health Care (optional). You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with at least two fully paid professional conferences as well as one visit to our San Francisco office per year, team lunches, company trips and full pantry complete with delicious coffee, coke and cookies.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Agnieszka Chojnowska at email@example.com and include 'Web Developer' in the subject line. Please send your CV in English.
Also, include the following legal gibberish somewhere in your CV: Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych przy realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (DZ.U. nr 133, poz. 883).
If you're an active Wikipedia or Wikia editor, please include your username in your resume.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With over 400,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 145 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 25 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.