Careers/Data Analytics Engineer Poznań
Openings in the U.S.
All U.S. positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- Director or VP of Engineering
- Senior Cloud Scaling Engineer
- LAMP Engineer
- QA Engineer
- Front End Developer
All Polish positions are located in our Poznan office unless otherwise noted.
- IT Support
- Project Manager
- iOS Developer
- Mobile Web Developer
- Lead Operations Engineer/Manager
- Front-end Developer
- Web Developer
- Interaction Designer
- QA Engineer
All positions are remote unless otherwise stated.
All positions are open remote in France or other French-speaking countries
Do you want to be challenged and work with awesome people who you can trust to get the job done?
Do you want to work on a product that people love to use and improves their lives?
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Engineers at Wikia do more than just put out fires and fix bugs. They build new and amazing features for one of the largest user-generated media company from the Top 50 site (Quantcast) with 310,000 passionate communities attracting more than 63.5 million global unique visitors each month.
For our office in Poznań we are looking to fill the position:
Data Analytics Engineer
As a Data Engineer, you'll develop, enhance and maintain our Warehouse, ETL, and Reporting infrastructure. We're looking for a data geek who wants to be a key contributor to our next generation data systems.
- Understand business needs and translate to data requirements
- Enhance and maintain our Data Warehouse and ETL infrastructure
- Perform ad-hoc SQL-based analysis against MySQL & PostgreSQL data warehouses
- Translate analysis results into digestible tabular or graphical reports
- Familiarity with multiple database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Knowledge of Dimensional modeling and performant data loading strategies
- Solid understanding of SQL
- Scripting experience (preferably Perl and bash)
- Grasp of basic statistics concepts
- Self-starter with appropriate attention to detail
- 5-10 years of web-based software engineering, preferably some using PHP
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
Bonus points if you...
- Experience wrangling terabyte-sized datasets
- R statistical package
- NoSQL architectures (Hadoop, HBASE, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive, plus stock options. You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with at least two fully paid professional conferences as well as two visits to our San Francisco office per year, team lunches, company trips and full pantry complete with delicious coffee, coke and cookies.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Agnieszka Chojnowska at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Data Analytics Engineer” in the subject line. Please send your CV in English.
Also, include the following legal gibberish somewhere in your CV: Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych przy realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (DZ.U. nr 133, poz. 883). If you're an active Wikipedia or Wikia editor, please include your username in your resume.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 45 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.