Careers/Director of Product Management, Consumer (San Francisco)
All positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- PHP Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Software Engineer in Test
- Engineering Manager - Platform
- Digital Ad Sales Planner (located in New York)
- Programmatic Sales Manager (located in New York)
- Programmatic Sales Manager (located in San Francisco)
- Sales Director - Midwest
All Polish positions are located in our Poznan office unless otherwise noted.
- Lead QA Engineer
- Android Developer
- Lead Systems Administrator
- Project Manager
- Lead Software Engineer
- Knowledge Software Engineer
- Mobile Web Developer
- Web Developer
Wikia is searching for a consumer web and social media fanatic to join a team of enthusiastic Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to conceptualize and build new engaging products for the millions of people on Wikia. This individual is enthusiastic about the Internet and social media with above average online consumption habits. He/she is eager to try out new products and has strong opinions and ideas about how and why the web and the world in general works the way it does. In addition, the right fit will have an analytical mind and be intellectually curious, enjoy and thrive in fast paced environments, and be an excellent communicator, passionate about his/her work, and excited to make an impact.
- Develop new and manage existing consumer-facing products (including our video offering) and features.
- Work closely with business development and sales as a liaison to product and design.
- Work side by side with interaction designers, engineers, and our sales & marketing teams to ideate, test, and iterate new features.
- Collect and analyze tons and tons of data through online analytics, user-studies, and focus groups to create an effective feedback loop to identify user pain points, desires, and measure effectiveness of new features.
- Champion experimentation and use of new innovative technologies and web trends; present to your peers and senior management.
- Manage a small team of Product ninjas (and manage the development using Agile techniques)
Desired Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree.
- 5+ years product management experience at a fast-paced consumer web company with a proven track record of using these skills to develop and manage products through the entire product life cycle.
- Technically oriented; familiarity with structured data and data re-use.
- Ability to thrive in chaos with little direction and a lot of rope.
- People management experience required.
- Agile and/or MediaWiki experience a STRONG bonus.
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary package including stock options, health benefits (medical and dental), PTO, and a 401K. Our San Francisco office is located within walking distance to South Park, AT&T Stadium, and the CalTrain station, and is only blocks away from Market Street and BART. Our dog-friendly digs also come with a stocked pantry and gaming room, where some employees practice yoga at lunch.
How to Apply
Send your portfolio, examples of your work, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Director of Product Management, Consumer" in the subject line.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With over 400,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 145 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 25 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.