Careers/Italian Community Volunteer
Openings in the U.S.
All U.S. positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- Director or VP of Engineering
- Senior Cloud Scaling Engineer
- LAMP Engineer
- QA Engineer
- Front End Developer
All Polish positions are located in our Poznan office unless otherwise noted.
- Project Manager
- iOS Developer
- Mobile Web Developer
- Lead Operations Engineer/Manager
- Web Developer
- Interaction Designer
- Software Mobile Web & Apps Test Engineer
All positions are remote unless otherwise stated.
All positions are open remote in France or other French-speaking countries
Wikia is looking for an Italian Community Volunteer to join our team and support our international communities.
You will be part of Wikia's international support team; you'll be helping users, translating news and Wikia features, all in Italian language.
This is an unpaid part-time position. You will be receiving a certificate for your efforts. Hours are flexible, though we would like a minimum of 10 hours/week remotely.
- Translating news blog posts from Wikia into Italian
- Supporting the Italian community by answering forum questions, talk page replies, and eventually via chat.
- Translating new Wikia features into Italian using translatewiki.net
Desired Skills & Experience
- Passion for helping other people
- Calm and friendly replies to users, even in stressful times
- Italian is your first language (or you're an extremely advanced speaker)
- You can communicate with an advanced level of written English
- Wikia experience strongly preferred
How to Apply
Send your resume and your cover letter (in English) to email@example.com and include "Italian Community Volunteer" in the subject line.
Include your Wikia username (if you have one) and Skype username.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 45 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.