Careers/Lead Operations Engineer (Poznan)
All positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- Android Developer
- PHP Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer
- Senior Data Engineer
- Director of Data Engineering
- iOS Developer
- Senior Test Automation Engineer
Check back later!
- Check back later!
To see all job openings in Poznan Office visit our career page: http://kariera.wikia.com/
Wikia is seeking smart & capable engineers to be part of a multicultural team of geeks (sometimes called co-workers) and work on an exciting, popular product used by millions of enthusiasts. We are seeking a well organized and disciplined
Lead Operations Engineer/Manager
to be part of a young, multicultural team of geeks (sometimes called co-workers) and work on an exciting, popular product used by millions of enthusiasts all over the world We’re looking for someone who is reliable, has both a strong set of hard and soft skills and is able/willing to work a flexible schedule.
Note: This position is roughly 30% management and 70% get-your-hands-dirty in operations tasks. This position is full -time, based out of our Development Center in downtown Poznań.
- Lead and manage a small team of administrators;
- Feel free to unleash your sense of automation and monitoring;
- Research, brainstorm, test and debug scalable software solutions with our developers;
- Research and implement solutions to improve our site’s performance, scalability and manageability.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to lead and mentor and motivate your team of engineers and help them reach their technical potential ;
- Linux stuff that matters (MySQL, Apache, Varnish, automation tools like Chef, Puppet or something similar; also monitoring - Nagios, Ganglia, Cacti, Zabbix etc.);
- Working knowledge of security and scaling in a heterogenous environment;
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban preferred);
- Ability to balance technical solutions with time, cost, and human factors;
- English (if you can understand this job ad, you're probably good).
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with the MediaWiki engine;
- Have development or DevOps experience;
- Are a user of Wikia, Wikipedia, other wiki or/and actively participate in the open source communities;
- Play foosball (aka table football; yes, seriously).
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary of 7000-12000 PLN per month, plus stock options. You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with fully paid professional conferences as well as visits to our San Francisco office.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Agnieszka Chojnowska at email@example.com and include “Lead Operations Engineer” in the subject line. Please send your CV in English. Also, include the following legal gibberish somewhere in your CV:
- Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych przy realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (DZ.U. nr 133, poz. 883).
If you're an active Wikipedia or Wikia editor, please include your username in your resume. Principals only.
Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With over 400,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 145 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 25 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.