Careers/Software Test Engineer
All positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- PHP Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Software Engineer in Test
- Engineering Manager - Platform
- Japanese Community Manager (located in Tokyo)
- Community Development Associate, Japanese (located in San Francisco)
To see job openings in Poznan Office visit our career page: http://kariera.wikia.com/
Wikia, a leading collaborative publishing platform, is currently seeking a
Software Test Engineer
to work in our Development Center in the center of Poznań, Poland. We are looking for a testing enthusiast to test our externally served ads. as well as help with various other testing tasks.
Are you in a never-ending quest for excellence? Want to join a successful Silicon Valley-based start-up? Feel the buzz, set web trends, and test your limits (and ours)? Join us!
Work on an exciting, popular product used by millions of enthusiasts all over the world. Be a part of a young, multi-cultural team of geeks (sometimes called co-workers)
- Planning the testing and creating test cases (manual and automated) for our externally served ads.
- Executing test cases and diagnosing results
- Identifying, tracking and communicating defects
- Helping test other projects as required
- Helping engineers create and maintain automated unit tests for continuous integration
- Identifying problems with code or SQA processes, delivering problem resolution
- Co-operating with developers and product managers
- Black box and white box testing experience
- Basic software development skills
- Excellent problem solving, planning and analytical skills
- Strong communications skills
- Fluent verbal and written command of English
Bonus points if you…
- Have experience testing externally served ads.
- Have experience in testing in an Agile/SCRUM software development environment
- Have experience with automated testing (Selenium)
- Have experience with Jenkins
- Have experience of Continuous Integration
- Have ISTQB or ISEB certification
- Have a diploma
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary of 7000-9000 PLN per month (gross), plus stock options. You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with at least two fully paid professional conferences as well as two visits to our San Francisco office per year, team lunches, company trips and full pantry complete with delicious coffee, Coke, fruit and biscuits.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Agnieszka Chojnowska at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Software Test Engineer” in the subject line. Please send your CV in English.
Also, include the following legal gibberish somewhere in your CV: Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych przy realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (DZ.U. nr 133, poz. 883).
If you're an active Wikipedia or Wikia editor, please include your username in your resume.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With over 400,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 145 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 25 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.