Careers/Sports Marketing Content Producer
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With over 400,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 145 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 25 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Sports Marketing/Content Producer
Wikia is searching for a talented content producer with a passion for Olympic Sports. Can you name the four sports which have been included in every summer games since 1896? If you have strong opinions about whether or not the Modern Pentathlon should be included in the Olympics, we want to hear from you! We’re planning a special project for the 2012 London Summer Olympics and need your help to make it a success. Turn your passion for sports into a real job and join us as we build the best social entertainment resource online.
The day to day will include creating and implementing a content plan, creating and curating wiki content, collaborating with external partners, SEO work, reaching out to the community and cultivating Olympics and other professional sports related fansites, forums and social networks to promote engagement.
What you will be doing
- Create premier online location for all things Olympic sports
- Write blog posts and other wiki content about current Olympic events, news and sports facts/figures
- Create and execute online giveaways and contests to build community contribution and engagement
- Measure return on investment (ROI) on all efforts
- Passion and knowledge of sports, especially Olympic events
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of effective web-writing practices
- Experience in engaging an online community
- You are able to work well in groups and value community interaction
- Must be comfortable working in a high-energy, start-up environment
- Experience with wiki text editing, social networking outreach, and SEO a bonus
This opportunity will start out as a contract position, with the ability to move to a full time staff role. Hours are flexible, though we would like a minimum of 30 hours/week based out of our SOMA office in San Francisco. Working remotely may be possible for exceptionally qualified candidates.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - please specify “Sports Marketing Content Producer” in your subject line when applying.