All positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- Backend Engineer
- PHP Engineer
- Sr. Systems Administrator/Engineer
- Lead Architect, Big Data
- Full Stack Engineer
Product & Design
All Polish positions are located in our Poznan office unless otherwise noted.
- Lead QA Engineer
- Android Developer
- Lead Systems Administrator
- Project Manager
- Lead Software Engineer
- Knowledge Software Engineer
- Mobile Web Developer
- Web Developer
Want to be challenged and work with awesome people who get the job done?
Want to work on a product that people love?
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Engineers at Wikia build new and amazing features for one of the largest user-generated media companies with over 300,000 passionate communities attracting more than 50 million global unique visitors each month.
For our office in Poznań we are looking to fill the position:
Wikia’s Operations Team is responsible for rapidly scaling a sophisticated production system infrastructure. We are strategically building, scaling, and evolving management systems and frameworks for a high availability, high growth infrastructure.
- Participate in design, building, and operating of large scale systems,
- Provide large-scale data center hardware/operating system expertise,
- Support a high availability multi-site, multi-national production web infrastructure,
- Identify, resolve, and prevent system bottleneck issues,
- Optimize and improve Wikia's infrastructure to support the growth of our platform,
- Participate in an on-call rotation and code deployment process.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must possess a strong mindset for automation,
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, SNMP and other protocols,
- Experience with LAMP-based applications,
- Experience in scripting in one or more of the following languages: Perl, Bash, Python or Ruby,
- Knowledge and experience administering and configuring large scale Linux installations (50+ servers),
- English language skills allowing verbal and written communication,
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you have...
- experience in data center infrastructure consisting of hundreds of servers/nodes,
- experience with configuration management frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet)
- experience with monitoring systems such as Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, Ganglia, Splunk, or similar,
- strong background in troubleshooting a complex, dynamic web environment,
- experience with networking technologies and BGP, OSPF routing protocols.
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary of 8000 – 11000 PLN per month (gross, depending on experience), plus stock options. You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with at least two fully paid professional conferences as well as two visits to our San Francisco office per year, team lunches, company trips and full pantry complete with delicious coffee, coke and cookies.
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to Agnieszka Chojnowska firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Systems Administrator" in the subject line. Please send your CV in English.
Also, include the following legal gibberish somewhere in your CV: Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych przy realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (DZ.U. nr 133, poz. 883).
If you're an active Wikipedia or Wikia editor, please include your username in your resume.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With over 400,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 145 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 25 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.