Careers/Web Back-end Engineer (Poznan)
All positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- PHP Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer
- Senior Data Engineer
- Director of Data Engineering
- Android Developer
- iOS Developer
- Lead Engineer, Japan Internationalization
- Community Support Manager
- Community Development Associate, French
- Community Development Associate, Russian
To see all job openings in Poznan Office visit our career page: http://kariera.wikia.com/
Are you passionate about collaboration and creation (and possibly wikis)? Want to join a successful San Francisco-based start-up? Feel the buzz, set web trends, make the world a little better?
We are seeking a well organized and disciplined web back-end engineer to be part of a young, multicultural team of geeks (sometimes called co-workers) and work on an exciting, popular product used by millions of enthusiasts all over the world. We’re looking for a creative person whose middle name is "scaling" to help us grow steadily.
This position is full-time, based out of our Development Center in downtown Poznań, Poland.
- Create a scalable back-end infrastructure for our high-traffic consumer web site
- Build analytics, metrics, and other fun with numbers
- Refactor and enhance existing code, improving performance and security.
Required Skills & Experience
- LAMP stack
- The ins and outs of MySQL and database schema design
- How to write solid, scalable code (PHP or Perl)
- A thing or two about object oriented design & programming
- English (if you can understand this job ad, you're probably good)
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with a large, high-traffic website
- Know Memcached
- Know ActiveMQ or a similar message queue
- Know Python or Ruby
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary of 4000-7000 PLN (junior) or 7000-12000 PLN (senior) per month (gross), plus stock options. You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with at least two fully paid professional conferences as well as two visits to our San Francisco office per year.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Agnieszka Chojnowska at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Web Back-End Engineer” in the subject line. Please send your CV in English.
Also, include the following legal gibberish somewhere in your CV: Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych przy realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (DZ.U. nr 133, poz. 883).
If you're an active Wikipedia or Wikia editor, please include your username in your resume.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With over 400,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 145 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 25 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.