Valuable experience, talented colleagues, and work-life balance - cubicle farm not included.
All positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- PHP Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer
- Senior Data Engineer
- Director of Data Engineering
- iOS Developer
- Senior Test Automation Engineer
Check back later!
To see all job openings in Poznan Office visit our career page: http://kariera.wikia.com/
Your new joyful colleagues
Based in San Francisco
All work and no play…
Made with love in Poznan
Wikia is a top 35 global site recognized for leading the Post-Editorial World (translation: known for giving knowledgeable and passionate citizens the power of voice and creative expression to rival the likes of traditional media). We're on a world-wide hunt for bright, creative and determined professionals to join our team and accelerate our growth.
Founded in 2006, Wikia has offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Chicago and Poznan, Poland. We are a collaborative and passionate bunch, just like our communities. We add to each other's ideas and pet each other's dogs (our offices are pet-friendly). We live on Skype. We’re fueled by coffee. We celebrate wine-o’clock. Mostly we breathe gaming, entertainment and pop culture. We work mobile and think global.
Our US employees are treated to competitive benefits and a 401K, as well as a cooks kitchen and regular team festivities: an annual wiffle ball tournament, monthly Wikia Day training and an abnormal appreciation for holidays. The San Francisco office is located in SOMA just blocks from where the Giants play. We curate the San Francisco wiki, are known by name at HRD and Darwin and we do not condone the in-office use of finger rockets or sarcasm.
Our Poland-based R&D center is a hub of engineering activity and the team is as passionate about wikis as they are about pork chops and foosball. The Poznan office runs our engineering intership program and curates the Poznan wiki.
We also participate in various local IT events in Poznan as well as in San Francisco.
Wikia is one big, nerdy family (and proud of it, too!).
More reasons why people love working at Wikia:
- We have more than 60mm global unique users that make up over 250,000 collaborative communities engaging with us on web and mobile each month.
- We have a fanatic devotion to scalability, performance, and innovation.
- Wikia is rooted in the LAMP stack, but we also dabble in node.js, WebSockets, Sass, and jQuery.
- We are collaborative to the core, literally: we're based on MediaWiki, the same open-sourced software used to power Wikipedia, and we contribute to that project.
- We enable people to discover, create and curate rich, original content to better appreciate the world they live in.
If the Wikian way is the way for you, please see a list of open positions on the right side of this page. We look forward to hearing from you.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.