Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 45 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Anime Community Marketing Associate
Wikia is searching for a talented Community Marketing Associate with a passion for Anime, Manga and all things otaku. If you dream of Yusuke’s spirit beast or having Ichigo’s shingami powers, this might be the job for you!
The ideal candidate can fashion a large fort from the amount of Manga owned, watches WAY too many anime, has an edit count over 10,000 (but pretends it isn’t a big deal) and is excited about the idea of seeing new wikis succeed! The day to day will include content seeding and SEO work, community mentoring and reaching out to Anime related fansites and forums to promote new wikis.
Hours are flexible, though we would like a minimum of 30 hours/week – feel free to work from home, or if you are nearby, work from our offices in San Francisco.
About the role
- Develop plan and define success metrics for growth, engagement & retention of Wikia's Anime communities.
- Create and own a release calendar for upcoming Anime and Manga and stay on top of current news as it relates to Anime.
- Identify and drive content growth on existing and new Anime/Manga communities, organize mainpages and help restructure information in a user friendly manner.
- Develop online giveaways and contests to build community engagement.
- Establish relationships with existing admins and help create a thriving community on their wiki.
- This opportunity will start out as a contract position, with the ability to move to a full time staff role.
You’re an otaku through and through, your friends look to you to know what the latest cool new manga is, and you have a hard time not searching the web for the latest subbed releases. You are able to work well in groups and value community interaction. You can get your point across in a cool demeanor without getting into a flame war or shouting contest.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Please send resume and cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate to email@example.com and include "Anime Community Marketing Associate" in the subject line.