Hiring/Front-end Software Engineer
All positions are located in our San Francisco office unless otherwise noted.
Engineering & Operations
- PHP Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Software Engineer in Test
- Engineering Manager - Platform
- Digital Ad Sales Planner (located in New York)
- Programmatic Sales Manager (located in New York)
- Programmatic Sales Manager (located in San Francisco)
- Account Executive
All Polish positions are located in our Poznan office unless otherwise noted.
- Lead QA Engineer
- Android Developer
- Lead Systems Administrator
- Lead Software Engineer
- Knowledge Software Engineer
- Mobile Web Developer
- Web Developer
Do you want to be challenged and work with awesome people who you can trust to get the job done? Do you want to work on a product that people love to use?
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Engineers at Wikia do more than just put out fires and fix bugs. They build new and amazing features for one of the largest user-generated media companies (a Quantcast Top 40 site) with 310,000 passionate communities attracting more than 45 million global unique visitors each month.
For our office in Poznań we are looking to fill the position:
Front-end Software Engineer
- Work with the team to design new features
- Create modern and intuitive Web interfaces
- Produce clean, semantic HTML and CSS
- Work with our quality engineers to develop and automate tests
Required Skills & Experience
- Relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Ability to articulate detailed technology concepts in English (written and verbal)
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with the MediaWiki engine
- Have experience with PHP or other server-side programming technology
- Are a user (of Wikia, Wikipedia, or any other wiki)
- Have experience with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Can pick up new technologies and domain specific knowledge quickly
- Play fussball (aka table football; yes, seriously)
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary of 7000-12000 PLN per month (gross), plus stock options. You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with at least two fully paid professional conferences as well as two visits to our San Francisco office per year, team lunches, company trips and full pantry complete with delicious coffee, coke and cookies.
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to Agnieszka Chojnowska email@example.com and include "Front-end Software Engineer" in the subject line. Please send your CV in English.
Also, include the following legal gibberish somewhere in your CV: Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych przy realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (DZ.U. nr 133, poz. 883).
If you're an active Wikipedia or Wikia editor, please include your username in your resume.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes.
With over 400,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 145 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 25 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Want to know more about the company? Read the full Wikia Story.